Congregational Administrator (Part-time)
Applications are invited for the position of Congregational Administrator at Bon Accord Free Church. This is a part-time position (24 hours per week) reporting to the minister and will provide essential administrative support across the diverse range of congregational activities.
Main areas of responsibility include:
· Acting as central contact point for new people into the congregation e.g. collecting and maintaining contact details, coordinating welcome events, connecting with relevant groups
· Coordinating volunteers for congregational regular and ad hoc activities and events e.g serving rotas, point of contact for group leads, food trains, church weddings
· Providing administrative support for church services e.g. making up slide packs, maintaining intimation slides
· Streamlining and co-ordinating church communications e.g. distributing weekly info, monthly newsletter, responding to enquiry emails, updating church noticeboards
· Updating and developing the church website, uploading (but not creating) written content and further developing social media presence
· Managing the church calendar, organising and keeping track of events, programmes, bookings etc
· Re-stocking and ordering of church supplies (course materials, brochures)
· Producing church directory (annual/biennial)
· Updating welcome pack and any booklets/flyers on hand in the vestibule
· Maintaining current members and adherents lists, baptisms records (in liaison with the Session Clerk) and Neighbourhood Fellowship lists
· Updating and maintaining the information asset register to ensure GDPR compliance. (Note, GDPR training will be provided if required)
The above list is indicative only and duties and responsibilities will be subject to ongoing review, reflective of congregational needs. In the event that these tasks cannot be performed in the time available, priorities will be evaluated and determined in co-ordination with the minister.
It is anticipated that the work will be largely office based, at Bon Accord Free Church, but there may be scope for remote working, dependent on the tasks being undertaken.
The salary for the position is £ 13,730 (based on a full-time equivalent salary of £ 22,885) and the initial contract is for one year (12 calendar months) renewable on an annual basis.
Given the nature of the responsibilities entailed it is a requirement that the Congregational Administrator be (or be willing to become) a member of the congregation. Therefore, if you feel you have the requisite skills and experience for this role, combined with a desire to serve the congregation in this important activity, we would love to hear from you.