News Bulletin for Bon Accord Free Church
Sunday Services – 19th June 2022
We would love to welcome you to our worship services this coming Sunday morning.
11am - 'How Jesus Prays for Us’’– John 17:1-26 – Joe Hall
6pm – ‘Creation, Old and New - Genesis 8:1 - 9:17 – Joe Hall
If you are unable to attend in-person you can find both services live-streamed here:
During the morning service there will be a creche for those aged 0-3 years.
Today there is Sunday School for children in Pre-School to P7 and Bible Class for young people in S1-S4. They will leave for their classes during the second singing. Just follow the crowd.
Tea and coffee will be served after both services. We would love you to come and join us.
There will also be a Church Lunch in the downstairs hall following the morning service. All are welcome to join us.
The Week at a Glance
The Well Café - 2pm – 4pm in the Foyer.
Neighbourhood Fellowships – various locations. Please speak to Joe if you would like to join your local group for fellowship, Bible Study and prayer.
Lunch Club - Food and Friendship for the over 55's – 12:30pm – 2pm. Enter by the back door. This week Isobel and Wilma will be showing photos and sharing about their recent trip to Israel.
Little Lambs Parent and Toddler Group – 9:30am – 11:30am. Meets in the large hall downstairs. This is the last one of the term. Little Lambs resumes after the school holidays
Teens Night – 7:30pm -9:30pm. Meets in the large hall downstairs.
Office Bearer’s Prayer Meeting – 8am in the church hall.
Morning Worship – Family Service - 11am – Joe Hall
Evening Worship – 6pm – Joe Hall
Additional News Items
Inter- ChurchHoliday Club
Holiday Club will run from 10th -12th August at the YMCA on Summer Street. Registration is now open!
If your child is in P1-P7 you can book your child's place now:
LEGACY will be running from Wednesday 10 August to Friday 12 August, 7:00PM-10:00PM, drop off and pick up at Bon Accord Free Church. Teens ENTERING S1 in the autumn, up to teens ENTERING S6 in the autumn, are very welcome to join us for epic games in the dark!
Register your Teens place now:
CALL FOR LEGACY LEADERS for this three-day, teens Holiday Club LEGACY! Have you been a leader for years and are itching to get back out into the field? Were you a teen the last time Legacy happened, and are looking forward to putting on, at last, a BLACK Leader shirt and showing us how it is done? Have you never done teens ministry before, but are interested to see what you can learn about reloading Nerf Guns and taking out Scavengers? Then get in touch with Cassia and David Boyd to see how you might fit into our talented and committed team.
On the 26th of June instead of Sunday School or Bible Class there will be a Family Service followed by gift-giving to the children of the church. We would love as many families as possible at this service. We would encourage them to sit downstairs so they can receive their gifts easily.
Sunday School will resume again after the summer holidays.
Church Day Out
A date for your diaries! We will be having our annual Church Day Out on 27 August from 2pm until 5pm at Hillview Community Church. This is a wonderful opportunity for the church family to have fun, have fellowship and enjoy delicious food together.
There will be refreshments, home-baking, games, a bouncy castle, BBQ and more. The outing is for EVERYONE! Whether you are yet to have your first birthday or have had more than 80 birthdays...you are invited, and we would love to see you there.
We are looking for a gazebo to borrow for the afternoon of the Church Day out. We provide an afternoon tea for the Senior Citizens and a gazebo would be helpful to shield them from the worst of the wind/rain/sun…..whatever the Scottish weather throws at us that day.
Would anyone have a gazebo that would be willing to lend it to us for that afternoon and help us set it up?
If so please speak to Judy
Accord – BBQ
There is a BBQ at Rob and Anne MacDonald’s on the 2nd July for all those in their 20’s - early 30’s. Please use the ChurchSuite app to sign up if you hope to be there. This will help with catering. Please speak to Susy, Anne or Katie Morison if you would like more information.
A Biblical View of Depression
On Tuesday 28th June at 7:30pm at Hebron Evangelical Church, Dale Johnson from the Association of Certified Biblical Counsellors (ACBC) on the subject of Depression. The talk will answer the question, what are the causes of Depression and how can God help
Here is the link to the Event on Facebook if you wish to register your interest and read some more information.
Prayer Points for the Week Ahead
- Give thanks for Judy and her work as our administrator. Pray that the upcoming launch of ChurchSuite in particular might serve those in our church well and help us all serve one another in love.
- Give thanks for Anne and her work with the student and young adults of our church. Pray for the students who have returned home or are working away for the summer, that their faith would stay firm in Christ and grow as they learn more of him.
- Pray for the Elders as we consider how we pastorally care for and disciple those in our congregation over the coming months.
- Pray for the Church Lunch, that our church family might be strengthened and bound more closely together through it. Thank God for those serving!
- Give thanks for the children of our church, our Sunday School and Bible Class. Pray also for the upcoming Family Service.
Our City and Nation
- Pray for the Holiday Club and Legacy being run in the summer, for team members who will be able to serve and children and teens to come and hear the gospel perhaps for the first time.
- Pray for the North East of Scotland Gospel Training course and those starting the course this September. Pray also for the Ministry Training Academy currently being planned to grow out of this work.
- Pray for Jonny, Fi and their children as they prepare to move and begin ministry at Hebron in the summer. Pray the Lord would bless Hebron and grow their ministry in maturity and scope over the coming year.
- Pray that the visit of Rico Tice to Aberdeen and his teaching, will be used powerfully by God to help churches in our city and area witness clearly to Christ and be faithful in evangelism.
- Pray for the Charleston Plant, and Andy and Craig serving there with their families. Pray God would grant them faith and wisdom to minister well to the people of Charleston. Pray for those who have come to Christ from difficult
- Give thanks for students at Bon Accord who are spending the summer serving overseas – Emily Giffen (teaching in Peru) and Eilidh Buchanan (doing physiotherapy in Kyrgyzstan). Pray that this experience would grow their faith in God and would open up opportunities to witness to Christ.
- Pray for persecuted believers in India, that those in authority would truly commit to the freedom of people of all faiths. Pray for believers who make
the difficult choice of following Jesus as it can mean losing everything if you are a Hindu or a Muslim.
- Pray for those suffering in Ukraine, and refugees from Ukraine who are settling in other countries. Pray that the Lord would restrain the violence and bring peace. Pray especially for Christians in Ukraine not to lose faith, but to cling to Christ in their loss.