Email Bulletin for Bon Accord Free Church
Sunday Services – 5th June 2022
11am - ‘Prepare to be Hated’ – John 15: 8- 16:15 – Joe Hall
6pm – ‘Adam’s Family’ - Genesis 5:1-6:8 – Joe Hall
During the morning service there will be a creche for those aged 0-3 years.
Today there is Sunday School for children in Pre-School to P7 and Bible Class for young people in S1-S4. They will leave for their classes during the second singing. Just follow the crowd.
Tea and coffee will be served after both services. We would love you to come and join us.
The Week at a Glance
Teens Scavenger Hunt – 7:30pm -9:30pm. Meets in the large hall downstairs.
Evening Worship – 6pm – Joe Hall
Additional News Items
We have a new group starting up for our 20’s - early 30’s called Accord. The aim of it is to encourage friendship and fellowship. It will generally be on the first Saturday of the month.
The first event is on Saturday June 4th at 10:30am and will be brunch at the Manse.
New Song – Christ Is Mine Forever More by CityAlight
Holiday Club – 10th - 12th August
We are thankful to once again be able to run a joint Holiday Club for children in P1 – P7 from the 10th -12th August. More information for parents will be coming soon.
Please speak to Anne or Judy by the 12th June if you would like to be part of the team.
CALL FOR LEGACY LEADERS for this three day, teens Holiday Club LEGACY! Have you been a leader for years and are itching to get back out into the field? Were you a teen the last time Legacy happened, and are looking forward to putting on, at last, a BLACK Leader shirt and showing us how it is done? Have you never done teens ministry before, but are interested to see what you can learn about reloading Nerf Guns and taking out Scavengers?
Explore Daily Bible Readings
Midsummer Evening Hillwalk – Clachnaben – June 17th
On Friday 17th June a few of us are hoping to do an evening hill walk up Clachnaben to enjoy the sunset and hopefully stunning views of Aberdeenshire!
If you would like to come please let Angus (07843172313) or Judy (07449775270) know by 12th June so we can arrange lifts and car shares if necessary.
Church Lunch – 19th June
On the 26th June there will be a Family Service followed by gift-giving to the children of the church. We would love as many families as possible at this service. We would encourage them to sit downstairs so they can receive their gifts easily.
Church Day Out
A date for your diaries! We will be having our annual Church Day Out on 27 August from 2pm until 5pm at Hillview Community Church. This is a wonderful opportunity for the church family to have fun, have fellowship and enjoy delicious food together.
There will be refreshments, home-baking, games, a bouncy castle, BBQ and more. The outing is for EVERYONE! Whether you are yet to have your first birthday or have had more than 80 birthdays...you are invited, and we would love to see you there. There is something for everyone.
Evangelism – Why and How? - An Evening with Rico Tice
A Biblical View of Depression
On Tuesday 28th June at 7:30pm at Hebron Evangelical Church, Dale Johnson from the Association of Certified Biblical Counsellors (ACBC) on the subject of Depression. The talk will answer the question, what are the causes of Depression and how can God help
Prayer Points for the Week Ahead
- Pray for those who are new to our congregation, that they might settle, grow in relationships quickly and feel at home at Bon Accord.
- Pray for The Well, that good connections would be made in the local community and people would come in and see the outworking of God’s love in those who volunteer week by week.
- Pray for the Elders as we consider how we pastorally care for and disciple those in our congregation over the coming months.
- Pray for Accord, that new friendships might grow and existing friendships might be strengthened through the time of fellowship this Saturday.
- Give thanks and pray for the children of our church, our Sunday School and Bible Class and the upcoming Family Service.
Our City and Nation
- Give thanks for the General Assembly last week, and unity, love and vision that was shared. Pray that the Lord would work through the decisions that were made for his glory and the Christian good of Scotland.
- Pray for the Holiday Club and Legacy being run in the summer, for team members who will be able to serve and children to come and hear the gospel perhaps for the first time.
- St Peter’s Free Church
Give gratitude to God for the recent professions of faith within the congregation. Give thanks to God for the General Assembly’s approval of a new Assistant Minister (Rev. Will Lind) to the congregation.
Pray the community in Winchburgh. It is a rapidly expanding area and has a mixture of new people moving in and people native to the area. Pray for opportunities and courage to share faith so that many would come to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour. Pray also that the Lord would send labourers for the harvest in order to grow our team with locally committed believers.
- Free Church Youth Camps
- Give thanks for Rhiannon and her work with the students at RGU over the past year. Pray the Lord would equip and prepare her as she begins her new work as a Mission Coordinator with the Free Church this month.
- Give thanks for Her Majesty the Queen, for her long life and the stability and security her 70-year reign has brought to our country. Give thanks for her faith in Christ, and pray the Lord would bless her and keep her in the coming year.
- The Persecuted Church – Pakistan
- Pray for the families of the children and adults killed in Texas last month, and the family of the shooter, as they grieve. Pray that through the ministry of his Spirit, of churches and Christians, these families would know the peace of God that surpasses all understanding in the coming weeks.
- Pray for the situation in Hong Kong where liberties are shrinking, not least for Christians and the church. Pray for the Hong Kongers living in Aberdeen, that they might find a home in Christ and in his church here.
- Pray for those suffering in Ukraine, for peace to return and their loss to be limited. Pray that the Lord would restrain the violence. Pray especially for Christians in Ukraine not to lose faith, but to look to Christ and cling to him in their loss.