As a Bible believing church our emphasis is of course on the Bible. Our simple style of worship means that we both sing from the Bible and focus our whole attention on hearing what God says to us through His Word.
Brief overview of what we believe:
- We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the eternal, uncreated Son of God and equal to the Father and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Son became a man; and in so doing He became fully human whilst never ceasing to be fully God.
- We believe that His death at Calvary was the once for all perfect sacrifice in which Jesus paid the full penalty for the sins of all those who trust in Him.
- We believe that Jesus rose again from the dead and ascended to Heaven where He lives and rules.
- We believe that, by repenting from sin and by trusting in Jesus’ death and resurrection, a person will be set free from the guilt of their sin and given the gift of everlasting life.
- We believe in the Second coming of Jesus, the resurrection of the dead, and the Day of Judgement.
- We believe in the life after death.
- We believe that the Bible is the fully inspired Word of God.
This is only a small summary of what we believe. A full summary of our teaching is found in the Westminster Confession of Faith
Want to learn more?
The best way to learn more about Jesus and what He means to us is to come along to one of our services (Sundays at 11am and 6.30pm), and you are welcome to stay for tea and coffee afterwards, and to have a chat about what was said in the service, or just get to know us better. If you would rather you can alsolisten to our services live on the internet, just visit the website at 11:00 or 18:30 on a Sunday and follow the link.
However, if you aren't sure whether you want to go to church, but would like to learn more about Christianity (or us), we would be delighted to hear from you. You might like to attend a Christianity Explored course which is an excellent way to find out more.